Thursday, July 3, 2008

Swiss Alps, continued...




Trummelbach Falls is a series of 10 waterfalls that have carved out part of the mountain. They come from three main glaciers and their power and force is immense!




We rode the giant cable car up to the Schilthorn to see the views below.

View of the valley from the cable car.



Good thing we brought extra pairs of shoes for the hike!




Even the cows are pretty here!


Fresh, cold drinking water everywhere in the valley!




Taking the train back to Lauterbrunnen.

5 comments:

sara said...

I love the shoes Holly. You are living my dream right now!! Someday...someday...

Brittany said...

Yeah, the cows are pretty until they poop in that drinking water! That is so much more amazing than the Matterhorn in Disneyland.

Nettie Martin said...

Oh my goodness. . . everything is so BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm jealous. Can't wait to see you!

Emily said...

I was in heaven just looking at your pictures! That looks like one of the most beautiful places on earth. I love all the pictures you put on! What gorgeous views and vistas. Maybe I should just move to Europe once I'm done with Hong Kong :)

Andrea said...

The pictures of Bern and Trummelbach Falls look so familiar to me because my sister Jeanette went there last year. I think Switzerland is her favorite place in the world now, and I can see why!