Thursday, June 12, 2008

Happy Day!

Imagine in your mind a medieval city with a large open square. In that square you will find local farmers selling their produce, flowers, eggs, cheese, and meat. Nearby there are bakeries with delicious homemade breads and pastries. An elderly couple is playing a duet on the violin and accordion while their music fills the square. Now imagine in the middle of this scene a girl walking through the square with a bouquet of 20 bright pink roses and a bag of fresh strawberries in one hand, and the most delicious chocolate-frosted donut in the other. You have just seen how I spent my Saturday morning in Marburg. The entire time I was in the old city, I had the biggest smile on my face, for I could not help myself! And the only thought in my head was that I must be the happiest girl in the world! Life simply doesn't get any better than this!






4 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, how I love your life! Your experiences there sounds absolutely wunderbar! As much as I love Hong Kong, it just doesn't compare to the dreamy fairy tale world of Europe! And, those foods look glorious! Me, and my tart and puff would be in heaven! I hope you think of me eating chicken feet while you're eating those divine creations!

Unknown said...

oh my goodness, I kind of hate you a little bit right now - you are living the life that I want to live. The marketplace looks amazing and those desserts - to die for!!! I'm so sad now that I decided not to come. I'm so glad you're having such a good time. I miss you and can't wait to see you in August, xoxo wendy

Midge said...

I'm sorry but after visiting Europe, I start to think, yeah America is great and all, but there are other places that are pretty darn cool too.
I'm glad you are so happy, breath in deep for me, I love the smell of Europe.

Brittany said...

That seems so unreal! Eat a donut for me please!