Thursday, June 12, 2008

A new love of my life!


Those of you that know me well know that I am not the best at watching or understanding sports (we're not even going to discuss playing them!). Well, that has now changed! Right now the EuroCup soccer championships are going on. The town basically shuts down when the games are on. Everyone gathers outside to watch the games on large, flatscreen TVs. People dress up in crazy getups, and when the games are over the streets are filled with people honking their horns and shouting and singing. It's been a little hard to go to sleep at night because of it all. So, I have joined in the festivities! I have actually discovered that I LOVE to watch soccer! The games are very exciting, and I can actually follow what is going on. Who would have guessed?!

3 comments:

Emily said...

How fun is that to watch the EuroCup games with the entire town? Sounds so memorable! I'm glad you now like watching soccer (or "football" as they call it here in HK). My new favorite to watch here is Rugby. They advertise it as "The game for Ruffians, played by Gentlemen". Does that sound appealing?

Midge said...

Will you please restate that to your bull headed brother who thinks I'm insane for liking soccer. Hello it's the most popular sport IN THE WORLD!

Brittany said...

You sell out! just be careful incase there is any rioting.