The Grimm Brothers lived in the Marburg area and many of their fairy tales were written right here. The most famous illustrator of these fairy tales also based his illustrations on real places in this area. Marburg is along the Fairy Tale Route. There are many towns and villages that a person could visit that have significance to Grimms Fairy Tales along this route. I'm just lucky enough to have seen a couple of these sights!
The Grimm Brothers once stayed here. We had some really good food at the restaurant.

The construction of this tower, in the mid 1800's, was inspired by the story of Rapunzel. (This is the view from my hotel window.)

We hiked to the tower through the most beautiful forest.

Too bad I can't let my hair down...in my shadow I look more like E.T. Apparently this is what Rapunzel looked like after the evil witch cut all her hair off. No wonder it took that prince so long to come for her! Regardless, for the romantic in me, this was one of my favorite things so far!




Up at the very top! This is the highest viewpoint in the area.


Check out the view of Marburg from the tower!

Today we went to an area called Christenberg. This house was the model for the witches' house in Hansel and Gretel.

This is the view of the valley near the Hansel and Gretel House. It was breathtaking, as you can see!

6 comments:
we are all here together (Kasey, Brooke, and Carla) and we are sooo jealous. But you are jealous of us because we are going to play canasta and we just ate dinner together. WE miss you but all wish we were with you.
Wow, that looks amazing! I can't wait to see more pictures!
Kristy just tipped me off to your blog! It looks like you're having a great time! I loved reading about your travels! Keep it up! Next you'll have to travel to Michigan. That's kind of like a foreign country!
Now we just need your prince charming to ride up on his white steed and wisk you away!
Either way you are a very lucky girl. Have fun.
Holly!! This is your cousin Mandy. I love looking at your pictures. You look so cute! And I just love your hair. It has been too long since I've talked with you. I am excited to catch up with your blog. mine is www.hunsakerfamilyblog.blogspot.com. I got to your blog from Kristy and Chopper's blog. Love you! xoxo
That looks so beautiful! I'm so jealous!!!
Post a Comment